Founded in 1998 and headquartered in London, with presence in Dubai and Saudi Arabia, DDCAP is majority owned by IPGL, the most significant shareholder in ICAP plc, the world’s largest interdealer broker. DDCAP positions itself as an intermediary in the Islamic financial services industry, providing structuring support, trade execution and value-added services to its global clients.
DDCAP holds a unique market position as facilitator across a diverse range of Sharia’a compliant products, asset classes and instruments in both the primary and secondary markets, through its trading subsidiaries DD&Co and DDGI.
DDCAP is multi-award winning, regularly receiving industry recognition, including the following awards in 2015:
- Award of Excellence for “Best Shari’a Compliant Commodity Facilitation Platform” – GIFA 2015
- Award of Excellence for “Best Shari’a Compliant Asset Facilitation Platform” – London Sukuk Summit Awards Ceremony 2015
- Award of Excellence for “Best Facilitator for Secondary Market Sukuk Transactions” – London Sukuk Summit Awards Ceremony 2015
To ensure its ongoing commitment to the integrity of the markets in which it operates and to client stipulation, DDCAP has an appointed Sharia’a Supervisory Board comprising the following members:
- Sheikh Abdullah Bin Suleiman Almaneea (Chairman)
- Sheikh Dr. Abdullah Almutlag
- Sheikh Dr. Mohamed Ali Elgari
In September 2015, DDCAP was proud to announce the additional appointment of leading Malaysian Scholar Professor Dr. Mohamed Akram Laldin to the DDCAP SSB, reflecting DDCAP’s ever increasing footprint in South East Asia.